Town of Alton

Official Website of Alton, New Hampshire

Appointment Opportunities

  • Volunteers Needed - Commissions and Committees

    There are opportunities for members, additional members or alternates to serve on the following Committee’s or Commissions:

    Old Home Week Committee
    • Members

    Parks and Recreation Commission
    • Alternate Members

    If you are interested in serving your community on a Committee or Commission (specify) please send a letter of interest, complete an appointment form or inquire with the Board of Selectmen’s Office, 1 Monument Square, Alton, NH 03809 or 603-875-2113 or 603-875-0229.

  • Land Use Board Alternates Needed

    Alternate members are needed for both the Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA). Alternate members stand in to replace a regular member when appointed by the Chair. The availability of alternate members allows a fuller contingent of board members to consider applications before the Board when regular members are absent. Serving as an alternate member allows a person to gain experience with the Board and evaluate whether they might like to run for election in the future to become a regular Board member.

Back to Top