ALTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING
ALTON TOWN HALL
January 14, 2021
Call Meeting to Order:
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: To keep our members and staff safe, and to comply with RSA 91-A, the COVID-19 State of Emergency, and the Governor's Orders on restrictions at public gatherings, the Town of Alton is holding “remote audio participation meetings”. If you cannot attend remotely, please contact the Building Department at 603-875-2164 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions. To remotely attend the meeting visit our website: www.Alton.nh.gov for telephone access and Zoom access instructions listed under News and Announcements on the home page the day of the meeting. If you are having difficulties accessing the remote meeting, please call 603-507-1002 and someone will assist you.
The Commission voted on October 8, 2020 to temporarily suspend in-person public input due to the SARS-coV-2 pandemic If the public has comments, the comments can be emailed to the Conservation Commission at email@example.com or sent via US postal mail to Town of Alton Conservation Commission, PO Box 659, Alton NH 03809, and the comments will be read into the record. The Commission will respond to comments as is appropriate.
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
December 10, 2020
Planning Board/ZBA Agenda Items:
1) Department Head Review Request- Bradford Jones- Sand Peep Ln, M41 L31,32, 14 & 20- BLA Plan. (Reviewed for Zoning last week as well w/no concerns found.
2) Department Head Review Request- Paul Zuzgo- Moore Farm Ln, M9 L35, Design Review for Major Subdivision- 5 acres. Moore Farm Ln to be extended approx. 650’.
Standard Wetlands Dredge and Fill Applications: None.
Wetland Permit by Notification: None.
Minimum Impact Expedited Applications:
Mark & Heidi Knipe- 37 Brook & Bridle Ln, M21 L10- Repair existing permanent docks
Shoreland Permit Application:
1. 12/18- Amendment- Merrymeeting River Trust-Donald & Sandra White Ttees, 80 Heron Pt Rd, M9, L14. Demo & Rebuild
2. 12/21- Jeffrey & Heidi Wood, 452 Rattlesnake Island, M78 L19. Replace Septic on existing home
Shoreland Permit by Notification (PBN):
12/21- Review Dunbar, 48 Treasure Island, M74 L16
Notification of Routine Roadway and Railway Maintenance Activities: None.
Reoccuring/Unfinished Business & Projects:
1. Green Oak Realty
2. Monitoring- Properties: Town of Alton-M15 L53, Hussey-M5 L72, & Tree Growers Inc-M5 L34-1,
Prospect Mountain HS- M8 L54,
Forest Society-Young/Rollins Family Rev Trust-Meaderboro Rd
3. NH DOT Letter– Planning Dept Requested Input- West Alton Brook Bridge Maintenance Project #43075
4. UNH Invoice- Merrymeeting River Site Analyses, Jan-Dec 2020
5. LexisNexis Invoice- Updated Land Use Code Book
New Business & Projects:
Tracking Sheet for Apps- Should we start one up again for 2021?
Notice of Intent to Cut Timber:
1. Bruce Todd, Bay Hill & Old Wolfeboro Rd, M12 L44
1) Bank Statements for Con/Com & Forest Fund Review
2) DES Letter- Re: Complaint Ltr sent to Bissell, 70 East Side Dr M33 L16
3) DES Notice of Acceptance of Shoreland Permit, 384 Sleepers Island, M73 L31
4) DES Shoreland Impact Permit, Flickenger, 376 Rattlesnake Island, M77 L1
5) Interested Con/Com Applicant- Thomas Diveny
6) DES Letter- Re: Administratively Complete Expedited Min Impact Wetlands Permit App, Gary/Nadine Martin, 384 Sleeper Island, M73 L31
7) DES Wetlands & Non-Site Specific Permit- Carol Richardson, 16 Richardson Dr, M38 L44
8) Varney Engineering Letter- Re: DES Request for More Information- Andy, John & Jill, 156 Black Point Rd, File# 2020-02947, M44 L46
9) DES Ltr- Re: Wetlands & Non-Site Specific Permit-Amended- Greg Beaumier, 244 Black Pt Rd, M44 L8
10) DES Ltr- Re: Wetlands & Non-Site Specific Permit- Carol/Robert Couture, 78 Shore Rd, M18 L36-2
11) Varney Eng. Letter & Letter of Compliance- Re: DES monitor report, Byrne, 69 Riverlake Rd, M32 L30&31
12) DES Shoreland Impact Permit, Martin, 384 Sleepers Island , M73 L31