The Town of Alton, New Hampshire (pop. 5,400) is seeking resumes for the full-time position of Finance Manager. The Town is governed by a five-member Board of Selectmen with a Town Administrator. Alton is an SB2 (March) Town with an annual budget of approximately $8 million with an additional $600,000 in Capital Reserve Fund allocations. The Town has approximately 50 FT employees and 80 PT and seasonal employees. The Finance Office is located in the Town Hall at 1 Monument Square. The Finance Manager reports to the Town Administrator on a day-to-day basis.
Responsibilities cover all functions of the Finance Office, human resources, supervision of Office staff, and, working with the department heads and boards. More specifically:
• Accurate financial tracking, oversight, and internal controls of the fiscal records, financial systems of the Town, and cash management.
• Monthly reconciliation, internal and external financial oversight, and reporting requirements to include the General Fund, revolving funds, enterprise funds, and other accounts held by the Town.
• Coordinate and assist with the annual budgeting functions.
• Work with and assist the auditors with support and information requests of the annual audit.
• Coordination of fund input/output with the Town Treasurer and Trustees of Trust Funds concerning applicable accounts.
• Operation and supervision over Finance Office staff.
• Manage all facets of HR functions including benefit administration.
• Weekly payroll processing and oversight of A/P and A/R.
• DRA requirements such as MS reporting forms.
• Prepare various financial reports for the Town Administrator and Board of Selectmen.
• Provide communications and direction on reporting or financial procedures with the Town departments.
• Maintain and update financial procedures.
• Financial accounting and processing for the Household Hazardous Waste multi-community coalition.
• Attend all Budget Committee meetings, various Selectmen’s meetings, and others as needed.
• Remaining cognizant on statute amendments concerning NHRS, GASB, etc.
• Membership in various financial and HR associations.
A detailed Job Description is available at www.alton.nh.gov with additional information.
Requirements include a degree in accounting, business administration or a related field. Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting or municipal fund balance accounting. Experience or knowledge of municipal related financial software programs. HR experience. Experience or knowledge of the DRA requirements is helpful. Three years of supervisory experience. Any equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities to fulfill the position requirements.
Salary range is $54,100 - $70,589. Starting salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience. Great benefit package.
Cover letter, resume, and references may be submitted via the following methods:
• Email: Administrator@Alton.NH.gov
• Drop off: Selectmen’s Office, Second floor of the Town Hall, 1 Monument Square.
• Postal Mail: Elizabeth Dionne, Town Administrator
Town of Alton
PO Box 659
Alton NH 03809
Position open until filled. EOE.