ALTON PLANNING BOARD
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
at 6:00 p.m.
ALTON TOWN HALL
Call to Order
Approval of Agenda
Public Hearing pursuant to RSA 675:3 on proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendments
SEE SEPARATE NOTICE ATTACHED
Planning Board to set the date for public hearing on petitioned Zoning Ordinance Amendment(s)
1. Old Business:
a. Discussion re: the Town of Alton Subdivision Regulations
2. New Business:
3. Approval of Minutes: November 15, 2016, Planning Board Meeting
4. Correspondence for the Board's action/review/discussion:
5. Correspondence for the Board's information:
a. Observation Log dated November 11, 2016, from Farmhouse Land Development, PLLC, for Hilltop Estates Subdivision
b. Memo dated November 16, 2016, from Nic Strong to John Dever, III, regarding the backing up of delivery trucks onto Dunkin Donuts property
c. Non-Compliance Notification dated December 5, 2016, from Farmhouse Land Development, PLLC, for the Jilyan Byrne Estates
d. Memo dated December 8, 2016, (with corresponding spreadsheet) to the Planning Board from Nic Strong re: newspaper publication costs
6. Any Other Business that may come before the Board:
Public Input on Non-Case Specific Local Planning Issues
David Collier, Planning Board Chair
ALTON PLANNING BOARD
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Notice is hereby given that the ALTON PLANNING BOARD will hold a PUBLIC HEARING on TUESDAY, December 20, 2016, starting at 6:00 P.M. in the ALTON TOWN HALL, ALTON, NH to consider proposed amendments to the Alton Zoning Ordinance for 2017 ballot vote, as summarized below:
1. To amend the necessary definitions and Sections 319, 401, and 413, of the existing Zoning Ordinance to specify where and how Accessory Dwelling Units are to be permitted.
2. To amend Section 340 Sign Regulations to specify the timing, location and size requirements for temporary signs and off premises signs and to reorganize the layout of the existing ordinance for clarity.
3. To amend Section 603 Personal Wireless Service Facilities Ordinance to amend several definitions, to update the procedural requirements for different modifications to existing facilities and for new facilities, to update references to related codes and standards and to include requirements for bonding, security and insurance.
4. To amend Article 300, General Provisions, Section 332 Sexually Oriented Business, Sub-Section E. 2. Site Requirements, to include all child care uses as defined in the zoning ordinance in the list of uses which a sexually oriented business must be located 500' away from.
5. To amend Article 300, General Provisions, Section 333 Criteria for a Home Business, Section 333 D. to clarify that if a zoning district contains a different size sign provision, the section containing the more restrictive sign size shall prevail.
6. To amend the necessary definitions, add a new section 363, and amend Sections 400 and 500 as necessary to add a new section regarding Solar Energy Systems.
7. To amend Article 200 Definitions, to format all definitions for consistency so that the words "means" or "shall mean", and repetitions of the term itself are deleted from the beginning of the sentence.
8. To amend Article 200 Definitions, to amend the following definitions, as listed below: Accessory Building, Structure or Use; Agritourism; Best Management Practice; Commercial Function Facility; Duplex; Drive-in Restaurant; Frontage, Street; Removal or Removed; School; Street; Upland; Waste.
9. To amend Article 200 Definitions, to delete the following definitions: Alternative Tower Structure; Antenna; Antique Shop; Telecommunications Facilities; Telecommunications Tower; Tower Height.
10. To amend Article 200 Definitions, to add the following definitions:
Barber or Beauty Shop; Conditional Use Permit; Excavation; Funeral Establishments; Gift Shop, Antique Shop, Craft Shop; Golf Course; Golf Driving Range; Governmental Buildings; Hotel; Inclusionary Zoning; Market Gardens, Flowers and Produce; Non-Conforming Lot; Nursery; Parking Facility; Personal Wireless Service Facilities; Printing, Commercial; Public or Private Educational Institution; Public Recreation; Repair Shop for Appliances; Riding Stables and/or Riding Academy; Right-of-Way; Self-Storage Facilities; Signs; Sexually Oriented Business.
11. To amend Article 300, General Provisions, Section 359 Stormwater Management, Section 359 G. 1. Design Standards for Permanent Stormwater Management and Erosion Control, to refer to the current Stormwater Manual prepared by NH Department of Environmental Services.
12. To amend Article 400, Zoning Districts Regulations, Section 401 Permitted Uses - Table of Uses.
13. To amend Article 500, Administration and Enforcement, Section 520 Special Exceptions, by adding a new Sub-Section E. to include a time period for acting on a Special Exception.
14. To amend Article 500, Administration and Enforcement, Section 520 Special Exceptions, Sub-Section D. to include reference to Commercial Function Facilities, Non-Conforming Uses, Non-Habitable Structure as Principal Building on Lot, and to delete reference to Manufactured Housing, Recreational Camping Parks, and Condominium Conversion.
15. To Amend Article 500, Administration and Enforcement, Section 530 Variances, by adding a new Sub-Section F. to include a time period for acting on a Variance.
Copies of the full text of the 2017 Amendments to the Alton Zoning Ordinance proposed by the Planning Board are available free of charge from the Planning Department during regular business hours, are posted at the Post Office and Town Hall for viewing purposes only, and can be found on the Town of Alton website www.alton.nh.gov.
If inclement weather necessitates cancelling the public hearing, then the public hearing will be continued to a "snow date" of Wednesday, December 21, 2016, starting at 6:00 P.M. in the ALTON TOWN HALL, ALTON, NH. A notice shall be posted on the front door of Town Hall announcing the meeting cancellation on December 20th and the continued meeting date of December 21st.