ALTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION
NOTICE OF MEETING
October 29, 2020
ALTON TOWN HALL
Call Meeting to Order: Members G. Young, R. Wilder, Q. Golden, E. Bagley, B. Doyle, V. McDonald
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: To keep our members and staff safe, and to comply with RSA 91-A, the COVID-19 State of Emergency, and the Governor's Orders on restrictions at public gatherings, the Town of Alton is holding “remote audio participation meetings”. If you cannot attend remotely, please contact the Planning Department at 603-875-2162 or email@example.com for further instructions. To remotely attend the meeting visit our website: www.Alton.nh.gov for telephone access and Zoom access instructions listed under News and Announcements on the home page the day of the meeting. If you are having difficulties accessing the remote meeting, please call 603-507-1002 and someone will assist you.
The Commission voted on October 8, 2020 to temporarily suspend in-person public input due to the SARS-coV-2 pandemic If the public has comments, the comments can be emailed to the Conservation Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via US postal mail to Town of Alton Conservation Commission, PO Box 659, Alton NH 03809, and the comments will be read into the record. The Commission will respond to comments as is appropriate.
Approval of Agenda:
Approval of Minutes:
1. August 27, 2020
2. October 8, 2020
1. Interview with prospective new member Dana Rhodes
Planning Board/ZBA Agenda Items:
1. Carter Family Trust, 15 Cathy Lane, Map 40, lot 30 – special exception to permit the removal of existing, non-conforming dwelling and construct less non-conforming year round dwelling
2. Timothy & Carol Slighter, 225 Mitchell Ave, Map 34, lot 33-46 – special exemption to permit the expansion of a non-conforming existing bathroom
Standard Dredge and Fill Application:
1. Zuker Family Rev. Trust,92 Woodlands Rd, Map 56, lot 11 – remove existing dock, construct new seasonal dock with hinged piers, connecting walkway, concrete pads.
Wetlands Permit by Notification:
1. Henry s. Flickenger, Jr, Rattlesnake Island, Map 77, lot 1 Replace rotted pilings damaged by ice, replace 8 loose and rotted tie off posts – signed Oct. 15, 2020 by G. Young
2. Janet and John Dunbar, 48 Treasure Island, Map 74, lot 16. Repair or replace existing 24' X 26' 4” boathouse and attached 7' 10” X 26” 4” dock – signed Oct. 15, 2020 by G. Young
3. Erik Klefos, 176 Black Point Rd, Map 44, lots 33 & 34. Rebuild in kind 30' X 5' dock and crib – signed Oct. 15, 2020 by G. Young
Minimum Impact Expedited:
Shoreland Permit Application:
1. Discussion: Responsibility to review and comment on Shoreland permits by CC
2. Donald LaCroix Rev. Trust, 53 Riverlake St., Map 32, lot 26 – Build a porous patio, walkway, repair stairs, add deck on the waterfront side of the house, pavement removed and replaced with porous pavers, install dripedge. Amendment included.
3. Mark Blanchard, 104 Railroad Ave, Map 65, lot 42 & 82 – demolish existing cottage, construct larger house, septic system, stormwater controls
4. Christine & Eric Johnson, Roger ST., Map 55, lot 13 – construct house on vacant lot, two garages, driveway, septic system, stormwater control Raymond & Eva Dezenzo, 228 Barndoor Island, map 80, lot new septic system, shed, grading and erosion control.
5. Raymond Dezenzo, 228 Barndoor Island, Map 80, lot 9 – install new septic system, shed, grading and erosion control.
6. Kyle Pine, 13 Lamprey Ledge Rd, map 61, lot 12 – replace failing stone wall, remove concrete walk and stairs, install walkway, pervious patio, parking area excavate trench for future septic line.
7. Merrymeeting River Realty Trust, 80 Heron Pt. Rd., unit 447, Map 9, lot 14 – New construction to replace previously removed building, driveway, septic system
8.Cristen & Judith Copley, 20 NH Rt. 11D, map 50, lot 10 – relocate driveway, construct garage and patio, with drip edges, relocate utility pole.
9.David Bossman, 203 Trask Side Road, Map 42, lot 23 – demolish existing residence, construct new residence, relocate and reconstruct septic system, relocate well, build walls and stairs.
10. Gregory Beaumier, 244 Black point Rd, Map 44, lot 8 – level existing lawn from 17% slope to 5-6%, stone retaining walls, grading, fire pit, boulder wall, plant native plants.
Shoreland Permit by Notification (PBN):
Notification of Routine Roadway and Railway Maintenance Activities:
1. Green Oak Realty
Letter from Attorney Reimers to Sullivan
a. Frohock Brook monitoring report -- Q. Golden
b. Seavey (Nemser) 22.4 acre monitoring Report -- B. Doyle
c. Mike Burke Town Forest monitoring report -- Q. Golden
3. Gilman Pond field mowing -- Rodney Sanborn (2016), Benjamin Thompson (2018)
1. Q. Golden -- server space
1. CMSC -- Review and accept the Mill Pond sub-watershed documents, make recommendation to BOS
2. Belknap Range Conservation Coalition dues -- $40.00 per year
3. NH Assn of Conservation Commissions dues – $450.00 for fiscal year 2021
4. Budget expenditures, savings account statements
5. Bill from BCM Environmental Law
Notice of Intent to Cut:
1. Michael Mahoney, Map 33, lots 58, 59,62,63,64
1. Wetlands and Non-Site Specific Permits issued:
a. Town of Alton highway Dept., Depot St.
b. Town of Alton, 58 Mt. Major highway, Map 34, lot 36
c. John Vallerand, 96 Hopewell Pt. Rd, Map 21, lot 5
d. Ellen Powers, 25 Indian Shore Rd, Map 62, lot 10
e. Andrew Kenney, 200 Woodlands Rd, Map 56, lot38
2. Shoreland permits issued:
a. Albert Williams, Rattlesnake Island, Map 78, lot 2
b. Matthew Bravar, 53 Rustic Shores Rd, Map 23, lot 6